A thought came to me a couple of days ago. Now I’m not sure where the thought came from, if it is accurate or whatever. I tried to ignore it but it keeps coming back so I have to say it so it will leave me alone.
- I don’t believe the states would be able to enforce it and the politicians know it.
- That means the Federal Government will step in and enforce it, effectively taking control of the internet because they have to regulate it in order to enforce the sales tax, which I’m afraid may be the end game anyway.
- I don’t believe there is much support for it from the people, mainly politicians and some large companies so they can force the small competitors out of business. They see it as a way to increase profits but they will get hit in the end too.
- The best case scenario will be higher prices, worse service and less avenues for us to purchase products which should be enough to turn most people sour on the idea.
- The worst case scenario would be our government taking control of the internet and using the IRS to enforce the regulations they try to put on it. Could be limiting our 1st amendment rights (if you happen to sell something and they don’t like what you say they use the IRS to either shut you up or shut you down).
- I don’t know about you but I see it as a power grab in the making to go along with gun control, amnesty and all the other power grabs they have tried recently.
- I’m not willing to give them any more control over me than they already have. As a matter of fact I would prefer they start turning some of that control back to the states and the individual where The Founders intended for it to be.
If you liked this post, please share it.